SUNDAY: THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THE WEEK
There are so many distractions and temptations in the world that would draw us away from worshipping the Lord on Sunday, especially during the Summer months. Let us make a covenant to be faithful to the Lord and His church.
- The Concept - Early in the Old Testament, God established a day to be set aside for rest and worship. It was called the Sabbath, and later instituted as part of the law. It is true, we are not under the law, but the concept of setting a day aside to worship the Lord is still relevant and healthy for your spiritual life.
- The Command - The writer of Hebrews gives us the command of "not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together." Though I believe forsaking means to turn your back on church altogether, those who do always begin their descent with slipping away slowly. Be Faithful!
- The Church - Christ died for the Church and He is the Head of it. It is the House of God! Though God is not bound by brick and mortar, and dwells in each believers life, there is an important principal and spiritual benefit to gathering....after all, that is what the word "church" means!
- The Continued Growth - We gather to worship AND to hear from the Word of God. The Spirit promises to be there in the midst of "two or three gathered in my name"
- The Connection - Fellowship with other believers is important and vital to spiritual health. Your connection group provides a Sunday school lesson, fellowship, activities and support.
- Prioritize - make church a priority - decide now to be in church with your family, and don't let anything frivolous draw you away.
- Plan - this is just a practical suggestion....have your clothes washed and pressed the night before, plan your Sunday meal and make preparations on Saturday, make sure the car has fuel, etc. A frantic Sunday morning will deter some from coming. Keep Sunday as a day to focus on the Lord and be refreshed.
- PRAY - The capitals are not a typo! Prepare your heart now for God to move and work in the services. When God meets with us, it creates a greater desire for us to return. Pray for others, but focus on your heart.
- Promise - Make a commitment with God today, to be faithful tomorrow. Ask for His help, pray to keep away all hindrances. Commit yourself to attending your Connection Groups Sunday School Class, Morning Worship Service and Evening Worship Service.
- Participate - Sing, pray, open your Bible, respond, worship, praise, weep with those who weep, rejoice with those who rejoice. Church is not something we do....it is something we are!
Sunday School - 9:45 AM (A Connection Group for Every age!)
Morning Worship Service - 10:30 AM
Evening Worship Service - 5:00 PM